At Access to Finance, we believe in a collaborative and holistic approach to supporting businesses, which is why we work closely with other organisations and programmes, in both the public and private sector, to ensure small and medium size businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly can easily and quickly access the support they need to succeed.
Why refer a business to us for support?
- We’re impartial and fully funded (so there’s no cost).
- We’ve helped over 2,380 business across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- We’ve helped businesses raise over £35m over the last five years.
- Our business finance specialists are experts in their fields with a wealth of experience.
- We can help businesses identify and successfully apply for finance and funding.
- We provide tailored support on all aspects of finance, from writing a business plan and financial forecasting to creating pitch decks.
- We have assisted businesses in unlocking finance from over 100 different finance providers.
- We help businesses develop good financial management skills and offer a range of free finance workshops.
- We will log your referral and keep you updated on those you refer to us.
How can you work with us?
- Referring a business to us: You can refer an established business (up to 250 employees), start-up or entrepreneur to us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 300386.
- Collaborating on a project or event: If you are interested in working with us collaboratively on an event or project, or would like to invite one of our team to speak at your event, please email us via email@example.com
Who are we?
The Access to Finance programme, which is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund, is designed and delivered by Oxford Innovation Advice. With a regional office in Redruth, Oxford Innovation Advice has been engaged in ‘levelling up’ and supporting businesses in Cornwall for over 12 years – enhancing the economy, lives and prosperity of communities and individuals across the county. Find out more about the Access to Finance team here.
What do our partners say?
“Over the next 2 years of fund activity, we still see ‘investment readiness’ as a significant barrier to us approving finance quickly and efficiently for SME applicants, especially in the emerging and innovative sectors. Where the Access to Finance programme is able to help SMEs produce robust financials, accurate management information and an articulate business plan, this generally means the outcome of a finance application is more likely to be successful.”
Ralph Singleton, Head of Funds, CIOSIF