The Chancellor Jeremy Hunt delivered his spring statement on Wednesday (15 March 2023). His speech centred around the four key words of employment, education, enterprise…
Whether you’re looking to grow your business or overcome a challenge, raise finance or improve your financial planning, we’re here to help businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
The Access to Finance programme is about education before intervention.
Our dedicated team of business finance specialists can provide impartial support on all aspects of business finance. This includes everything from grants, debt management, crowdfunding, asset finance, equity investment and blended raises through to financial forecasting, pitch decks and post-investment support.
Business support that delivers real results
Our support is delivered through a mix of one-to-one sessions with a business finance specialist and interactive workshops to help you take your business to the next level.
Our support is tailored to your business needs, but can typically include:
- One-to-one support from a business finance specialist to help you achieve your objectives and practice good financial management.
- Help to identify and apply for the best finance or funding option for your business needs. We will work with you to build the strongest finance application possible.
- A series of webinars on a range of finance related topics to provide you with practical knowledge and skills.
- Support to help you create your own financial forecasts.
- Access to a comprehensive suite of finance tools, templates and resources.
- Access to GROWTHmapper® – the UK’s leading business diagnostic tool. This online tool provides valuable insights into the perceived strengths and weaknesses of a business, which can form the basis for a facilitated discussion with one of our specialists and a strategic pathway to achieve your objectives.
- Provide support with finding a Non-Executive Director for your business
- Connect you with business angels and investor networks
- Post-investment support to maximise the value of the finance secured.
Over 2,700 businesses
in Cornwall supported
We’ve helped businesses
raise over £39m in the
last 5 years
We’ve been helping
SMEs grow for over
You’ll receive professional support from our team of highly experienced business finance specialists, who have supported over 2,700 businesses across the county and helped businesses raise over £39m during the last five years.
All our finance specialists have extensive knowledge and first-hand experience at board level. Many of our experts have run their own businesses, so they understand the challenges you face.
Our in-depth knowledge of the funding landscape and extensive partnerships mean that we can break down the barriers and support you in the defining decisions in your business. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out our client case studies here and the testimonials at the bottom of this page to hear how we have helped other local businesses.
Is there any cost to my business?
The Access to Finance programme is fully funded through the UKSPF, which means there is no cost to your business.
Who is eligible for the programme?
To access our support, you need to:
- Be a business, social enterprise or charity based (or going to be based) in Cornwall or the Isles of Scilly.
- Employ fewer than 250 staff.
- Operate in an eligible industry sector. Note: The programme is suitable for businesses operating in almost all industry sectors. However, due to funding criteria, there are a few ineligible sectors, which include professional services, healthcare, mining, farming, primary agricultural products and fishing.
If you are unsure if your business is eligible, don’t worry. Simply contact us and one of our team can check your eligibility.
Register your interest now
Please register your interest by completing our enquiry form or call us on 01872 300386.
After registering, you will be contacted by a member of our team to discuss your business needs, tell you more about the programme, check your eligibility and arrange an appointment with one of our finance specialists.